Friday Finds: June Recap + Favorites and Flops

Friday, July 11, 2014

Hey guys! As you might know, I do my 'Friday Finds' post almost every Friday where I share things I've bought recently. I thought, since June just came to a close, I would do a wrap-up post of this month's finds. 

I had two (here and here) 'Friday Finds' posts in June and one in late May (here) which I decided to include in this post. I'm just going to give a bit of a recap of the products and share how these products ended up working out, which were my favorites, and which were flops!

Favorites

My Favorite Friday Finds (wow alliteration) of June start off with the Maybelline Master Shape Eye Pencil in Soft Brown. Since I got it, I've been using it pretty regularly. The color is really natural and matches my brows perfectly and the spooli at the end is probably the best I've ever used.


Here's one favorite that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone: Benefit's Rockateur Blush. I won't get into this again as there's a whole bunch of info about this on my June Favorites post but, I LOVE THIS!!!! (Look at how pretty it is!)


My next favorite is the Boots Extracts Coconut Body Butter. First off, it smells amazing, but it also moisturizes my skin and leaves me all smooth and soft and silky! 


My last favorite is the Boots Botanics Cleansing Foam Wash in All Bright. This stuff is soooooo amazing. It foams, which I love, and leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed and very clean. I also like that you barely need any product in order to get the job done. I have so much of it left!


Flops

The first flop was the Botanics Triple Age Renewal Eye Serum. I really wanted to pick up an eye cream that would help reduces wrinkles under my eye, because I have a bunch right now and I hoped this would help. For the past month that I've been using this, I've noticed absolutely no difference. Zippo, Nada, NOTHING! I'm so disappointed by this, especially since I really like the brand. :(




My second flop is the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadow in Audacious Asphalt. As I mentioned in it's Friday Finds post, I got this on clearance, so I picked it up. It's pretty apparent why this was on clearance. At first, I really liked it; I love gray and silver shadows and thought it would look nice on the lid. It ended up not having the best color payoff and creased really easily. I also didn't like it as a base because it was too dark! 



So that's my wrap-up of my Friday Finds in June! I really liked doing this post, and I hope you guys did too, because it gives me a chance to recap what I've gotten and what has been successful and what has been pretty awful!


Stay tuned for more Friday Finds posts and more posts in general, including product reviews of new products out in stores now!

Have a great night!

xo Emily

Post a Comment