June Favorites!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hi guys! Today I'm coming to you with my June Favorites! I know it's already 9 days into July, but better late than never right? This month was really really great for new products and returning favorites! I have a bunch in store for you!

Keep reading to see what I picked as my June Favorites!



Beauty

My first beauty favorite of the month is the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser which I use as a primer before my BB Cream/Foundation. I am loving this product, as I've mentioned quite a few times. This is a great dupe for the Benefit Porefessional Primer, and is so much less expensive. I love how this looks and feels on the skin and I have seen a noticeable difference in how my makeup looks when I use this product. For every day that I wear makeup, I use this product, so that makes it a definite fave!


Next up is the Rimmel BB Cream which I used for about the last two weeks of June regularly. I'm a huge fan of BB cream's and so I always try to pick up a new one every so often, just cause I want to be sure I am using the absolute best product available! This BB cream is great because it gives really nice coverage, has a nice finish, and it has SPF 25 which is so important to keep my skin safe! 


My favorite concealer of the month is Sonia Kashuk's Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette. I like how there are two shades of concealer in this palette and the setting powder that comes with it is top notch. I like the formula a lot and think it looks great on under eye circles.


All month I've been LOVING Benefit's Rockateur Blush. I bought this at the very end of May and then proceeded to use it every single day. I cannot tell you how much I love this blush. I know it's pricey, but everything about it is just wonderful. The color is beautiful and looks amazing on any skin tone/skin type. I also love the way it smells, funnily enough. I think I'm definitely getting my moneys worth; though I am very tempted to get more Benefit blushes because of how much I love this one! 



Onto an eye product. I've been loving the Wet n Wild Mega Liner Liquid Liner for the month of June. This product is really quite amazing. For one, it's so cheap. It only goes for about $2 on average which is just unbeatable. I really like to use this to make the 'cat eye' portion of my liner, because the brush is perfectly pointed and makes a great line. One thing to be careful about is that the formula is actually quite liquidy, so just wipe your brush off a bit before applying it. Other than that, this has been a go-to liner product; especially since most other drugstore variety liquid liners go for upwards of $8.


Here's what the liner looks like on and I am so pleased.


The last three beauty favorite are all lip products (which is crazy because I don't often wear lip stick/lip gloss). The first lip favorite is the NYX Butter Gloss in the Shade 'Creme Brulee'. I LOVE this product as I've mentioned in past blog posts. I picked this new color up and I've been wearing it in June quite often. It looks great for summer and tastes, smells, and looks great!


Another lip product is the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in the color 'nude eclipse'. I've been wearing this quite often over the past month and that's probably because the color is just so stunning! The formula is really nice, and it's easy to apply and stays on fairly long. The color payoff is really nice as well, which I sometimes find difficult to achieve in glosses. I really want to try out other colors because the nude has been so successful! One quick caveat is that I really dislike the smell. It's not gross per say, but it definitely isn't pleasant. Once it's on your lips, it's not bad so I wouldn't worry too much.


Here's how the lip glosses look on my lips! Below, on the left is the Rimmel Nude Eclipse. On the right is NYX's Creme Brulee! 


This may be a bit of a shocking thing to have as a favorite but I've been loving chicken poop. Don't worry though, it's not actually chicken poop. It's this awesome, all-natural "lip junk" that smells like lavender and moisturizes your lips like no other. I received one of these as a gift from my uncle who always likes to give my sister and me quirky gifts; who knew it would turn out to be one of my all time favorite lip products? I stopped using it for awhile because I ran out of the one I had and then I saw one at a local store and rekindled the chicken poop love! I really, really recommend this product and that's not just because it's got a fun name!

 
Skincare

I've only got one skincare favorite and that's the Boots Botanics Cleansing Foam Wash in 'All Bright'. I absolutely LOVE this cleanser. It makes my skin feel so clean and so fresh and invigorated. I love that it foams and after I cleansed my face, it feels amazing. This is definitely a favorite!


Hair 

Now it's time for hair favorites! The first are these hair clips that you might find at a hair salon. I couldn't find an exact link but a similar product is found here. I really love using these when I do my makeup or my hair. They work perfectly when I'm curling my hair especially as they hold back the already curled hairs without messing them up. These just work great and are really inexpensive. I got a pack of 6 at Sally Beauty Supply for about $2!

 

Next is the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray - I love this stuff, especially for summer. Just a few sprays and I've got those beachy, textured waves that look fantastic during summer. This stuff also last forever, which is great because you have to drop about $20 for it. 



The last hair favorite is the TRESemme Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray. I picked this up not too long ago but have really been loving it so far. It leaves my hair really shiny and smooth, and controls the frizz. The humidity is insane right now so this product has been working wonders for my hair!





Fashion

I've only got one fashion favorite for June and that's a piece of jewelry. I've been wearing this Forever 21 Fox Ring for the entirety of June. It's one of my favorite rings and it's so cute. I love seeing the little fox on my finger when I glance down at my hands.


TV/Movies/Music

My TV favorite for June has been Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix. I've watched this series before but it's been a couple of years so I decided to re-watch. It again, does not disappoint. This is great show and I really love all the characters. Check it out!

My movie favorite for June was 22 Jump Street. I LOVED the first movie and the sequel was hilarious and I already want to see it again. I love Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum's chemistry in the films so they're just so fun to watch.

Music favorites for June have been 'Boom Clap' by Charli XCX and Ed Sheeran's new album, 'X' (pronounced Multiply if you're wondering) - my favorite song off the album is 'Don't'.


So those are my favorites! I know it's a lot, but something about June made me decide that a lot of things were new favorites! 

Hope everyone has a great night! 

xo Emily




Post a Comment