The Five Product Face

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Happy Tuesday! Today's makeup look is quite the challenge! In particular, it's the Five Product Face challenge that I've seen across the internet! With this challenge, you choose only five makeup products to use for your look that day! 


This was a little bit challenging only because I like to use five products on my eyes themselves! I had to cut out some of my favorite things (blush and liquid liner) but found that I really liked not having too much product on my face! I think I could do a 9 product face every day, but not 5!


I buffed the Rimmel Foundation into my skin first, which gives me a nice matte finish so I don't have to use powder. It also has some great medium coverage which works well on redness. Next, I patted the Tarte concealer under my eyes which doesn't crease and covers my under eye circles perfectly! I had to include a brow product because I can't stand my sparse brows so I used the Anastasia brow wiz to fill them in and sculpt them! The last product I used was Maybelline's The Nudes palette, creating a soft, brown eye look. I also used the dark brown shade as a pseudo eye liner and the white shimmery shade as a brow and inner eye highlight! I love that this palette has so much variation that I can use it for just about anything on my face!


Products Used:

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Waterproof Concealer in 'Light Sand' - $24
 Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara - $20
 Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 101 'Classic Ivory' - $6
 Maybelline The Nudes Palette - $10
Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Soft Brown' - $21

I really love the way this turned out. Maybe I'll start trying to use only five products everyday! (not likely, I miss my rockateur blush)



 I'd definitely suggest trying out the whole 'Five Product Face' thing because it's awesome!

xo Emily

Post a Comment