Product Review: Maybelline NUDES Palette

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hey guys! I'm coming to you today with a Product Review! Today I'm going to talk about the New Maybelline NUDES Palette. It's one of the first really substantial, affordable, drugstore palettes and I was so excited when I first heard about its release! I was really excited to pick it up!



Maybelline finally got this product out! I was so excited to try it out so I went to Target and picked it up. 

This palette runs from about $7-$10 which is super affordable, especially because Maybelline eyeshadow quads run for around $6. That means you get a lot more product, for a lot less!

It comes with 12 shades - 6 matte and 6 shimmer shades.  
As you can see below, you get a really good variety of nude, and neutral shades. These are the eyeshadow colors that you can use for every single look, especially for everyday!






Here's a closer look at the shades. As you can see, they're so gorgeous.






Below I have swatched the 12 shades. They actually swatched really nicely, except for some of the lighter matte colors. The shadows are just like the ones that come in the normal Maybelline Eyeshadow quads, so they have the same formula. They're a bit chalky but blend really nicely and have a pretty great pigment for what they are. I especially like the shimmer shades, because they're really beautiful on the lid and blend amazing and don't have much fallout on the under-eye area!


I tested out the palette as soon as I got home and below I'll share the look I created!

I started off by using a light, matte, pale white shade all over my lid as base, then took a fluffy brush and took the light, matte, soft brown shade into the crease and blended it with windshield wiper motions until there's soft definition. 



Next up was to take the matte, dark brown shade into the crease to darken it up. 
To finish off the crease, I took a shimmery, dark brown shade and took that with the same fluffy brush and blended it with the same windshield wiper motions.


Lastly, I took the shimmery, white shadow in the corner of my lid to highlight and bring a little more glitter and brightness to the makeup look!


Here are all the shadows I used to create the look!
 

Maybelline has done it once again with this palette. It's one of my favorite brands and I adore this look!



 Hope everyone is having a fun weekend!

xo Emily











Post a Comment