Bargain Beauty: Top 5 Makeup Products Under $5

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hello All!

I'm a huge fan of getting things for a bargain, especially when it comes to beauty products. A good majority of my favorite products are insanely inexpensive and so much better than their high-end, crazy-ass expensive counterparts. Why buy a $30 eyeliner when you've got a tried and true $3 one that has never dissapointed!? That being said, I love splurging every once in awhile to get high-end makeup that might cost a bit more.

 Everyone has their preferences for cost and brand so I could never fault someone for wanting to pay more!

There will always be certain products that are just better when they are a little bit more high-end or are an expensive brand; and there will always be cheaper, drugstore products that will never disappoint!

That being said, let's dig into today's post!


I'm sharing with you my Top 5 Makeup Products Under $5! These 'Bargain Beauty' posts will probably frequently show up on my blog because I love finding things for cheap, but for my first on the topic, I thought I'd go quite general with it!

I'm been using these five products for years now, and each one has given me amazing results and has either been repurchased or just has so much product, that it's lasted me forever! These are tried and true favorites in my makeup collection and they're all under $5!!!!! (I'm going off the price in Target/Walgreens, so it could possibly vary depending on where you are!)

Top 5 Under $5 - Beauty

Let's start with my absolute favorite pressed powder of all time. It's one that I think a lot of people are aware of, just because of how great it is and how cheap it is, but in case you haven't heard.....Listen up! The Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is amazing. This stuff is just the best powder I've ever used. 

It only costs $3.99 and comes in 7 great shades including my go-to, Transparent. I love that they have transparent as a shade because I don't like to add extra color into my face after I've put on foundation etc. It keeps out the oil and leaves me looking fresh and matte in all the right places!

Next up is the E.L.F. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Duo which is only $3 and comes in three great color pairings (I own St. Lucia). 

I love E.L.F. because it's so inexpensive and gives you great makeup products and this duo is no exception. For only $3 you get both a blush and a bronzer that are gorgeous and last forever!

I've got another bronzer to share and it's the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in 'Sunny'. This is only $2.79 and it's one of the best bronzers ever! I love using this for an all-over glow for my face. It's really natural and sets on your face beautifully!

Onto eyes! One of my favorite eye products is the Rimmel ScandalEyes Kohl Eye Liner. I'm usually a liquid liner girl but when I want to have a more smoked-out look or if I need to tightline my eyes, I always go for this Rimmel eyeliner. (It's only $3.99)

And for the last of my favorite Under $5 products, I love the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm. I adore Maybelline and so when I discovered they had cheap, gorgeous lip balms I jumped on them! I own almost every Baby Lips color there is, and I have no regrets. These are amazing. They are incredibly hydrating and each color leaves your lips with a perfect amount of tint! They are great substitutes for lipstick, especially when you've got dry, chapped lips! These are super cheap as well, only going for $2.99-$3.49 depending on the variety you get! 


I hope you enjoyed my Top 5 Makeup Products Under $5! This was halfway easy and halfway difficult for me to make because there are so many under $5 products that I just want to share with everyone. In the end I think this was pretty accurate to my feelings, and hopefully helped inpspire you.

Will you try any of these out? I hope you do, they're a bargain and will keep your wallet nice and heavy!

xo Emily

Post a Comment