A Pop of Blue: Face of the Day

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hey guys! Today I'm coming to you after watching a very exciting World Cup match! USA vs. Germany didn't dissapoint! I was obviously rooting for the U.S. to win, but I love Germany's team as well so I'm really glad both teams qualified!

Today's is a short post and I'll just show you my 'Face of the Day'. A more apt description would be 'eyes of the day' since that was the focus! 

I used two main eyeshadow duos for this look, which kind of became my focus!

I used the Ulta Baked Eyeshadow Duo in 'Deep Blue Something' which is this gorgeous duo, one dark blue shade and one "oceanic" shade (which is what it looks like to me). It's sparkly and gorgeous! Ulta had a 2 for $8 sale on eye products so it was a great deal! 





I also used the L'Oreal Studio Secrets HiP Professional Metallic Duos in the shade 'Platinum'. It has one super shimmery silver side and a black shimmer side. I love these eyeshadows.






I really love how this look turned out. The sparkle of the shadows looks both blue, silver, and grey and makes for such an amazing shine. 

I just used the lighter blue side of the Ulta shadows for my inner eye, then blended out the dark blue in my crease, adding the black shimmer shade from the Metallic duo. Lastly, I packed on the silver shade from the Metallic duo on the center of my lid.


Easy easy easy.

And because it's all the same type of 'shimmer' shadows, they all blended together nicely.


Hope everyone has had a great day so far!

xo Emily

Post a Comment