Today's Face Tuesday: Bronze Goddess

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hey guys! It's time for another 'Today's Face Tuesday' post. I, for one, love doing these posts if only because I like experimenting with my makeup! Today's look was for a specific event I went to so I upped the glamour and sparkle! 

This is a classic summer look: bronzed skin, highlighted cheek bones, and a gold eye.

Here's the makeup look:


How I achieved this look:

1. I started out with my skin: I really wanted bronzed, shiny skin for this. After I moisturized, I primed my face with the L'OrĂ©al Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer - This will give you a very impressive, shiny glow. I particuarly like using this primer when I want to go for that bronzed look, just because of it's ability to make you glow (without looking too sweaty and shiny). 

2. Next, I went in with the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and buffed that into my skin. I actually went for a shade darker - light/medium - because this gives me a warmer skin tone, especially since my skin is a bit tanner than it was (it also fits in with the whole 'bronzed' vibe I was going for).

3. Concealers! I used two: the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind and Maybelline Fit Me. I used the Fit Me concealer to conceal my under-eye area and used the Instant Age Rewind in the 'brightener' shade to highlight my under eyes, cupid's bow, bridge of my nose, and the area above my nose. I wanted to set this with a powder to keep it put, but I also wanted to keep the shine and glow to my face so I just used a little bit of my Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Pressed Powder under my eyes and on my chin.


4. Bronzer + Blush: I used my faves for this look. I went in with a Real Techniques contour brush and used my Rimmel Bronzer in Sun Light to contour my cheek bones. I went in with another coat of this because I really wanted that contoured, bronzed look. In addition to my cheek bones, I brought the bronzer along my chin, my nose, and my temples. My fave blush, Benefit's Rockateur, is perfect for this look, especially because it has little shiny flicks of gold in it. I just used a big, fluffy blush brush to apply this to the apples of my cheeks and along my cheekbones.

5. Highlighter: Sephora Baked Illuminating Powder in Light Beam - This is such a great highlighter. There is so much of this and I love the sparkle and shine it gives. All I do is use a small brush or my fingers and place this on the top of my cheeks, my cupid's bow, and down the bridge of my nose. Those are all the places your face naturally catches light, so it'll look amazing when you're in the sun!

6. After finishing up my face, I moved onto eyes! After priming my eyelids with the e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer, I used a few different shadows to create a bronzed/gold look. I started with the Pop! Goes the Shadow eyeshadow in champagne. I used a small, flat brush to apply this all over the lid, bringing it slightly into, and above the crease. 


7. Next, I went in with my Tarte Golden Days and Sultry Nights palette. First, I used a big, fluffy blending brush and brought the matte brown color into my crease and blended it out until I had enough definition. To do this, I started with a small amount on my brush and dipped that from the outer corner to my inner corner. I repeated that a few times until I had enough brown. Next, I went in with the first shimmer shade, gold, and took a very small brush and packed that on, keeping it out of my crease. I then took that big, fluffy blending brush again and took the third shimmer shade, the dark brown and again just blended that into my crease, focusing the color in the outer corner. 


These swatches barely do the palette justice but you can see that shine, bright and clear!


After I achieved the right amount of definition in my crease using those two browns, I went back in with the gold color and patted another bit on, just to really keep it pigmented, golden, and lovely.

8. Satisfied with the eye shadow, I next went in with my Anastasia Brow Wiz and filled in my eyebrows. I didn't over do the brows today, wanting the focus to be on my glowing eyes! After the brows finished, I again grabbed my Sephora highlighter that I used earlier and used my finger to highlight my brow bone and inner tear duct.

9. Time for eyeliner and mascara! Today I used the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner and gave myself a pretty long, intense cat eye over top the eye shadow. Then I coated my lashes with my favorite mascara at the moment - Smashbox's Full Exposure Mascara



And there we go! Those are the steps I used to achieve my bronze goddess makeup look for today!

I absolutely adore this and I cannot stop wearing this look! It can be modified to fit any look at any time or day or for any event! I'm loving it.




Hope you all enjoy 'Today's Face'.... I'm obviously loving it!

xo Emily

Post a Comment