Let's Talk Mascara

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Let's Talk : Mascara

If I could only live with one makeup item for the rest of my life, the clear answer would be MASCARA!!!!  

I try to vary my mascara choices as much as possible just because it's one of my favorite beauty products and I am always searching for the perfect one!

Currently, I have a few mascaras that I am rotating through and I thought I'd do a little bit of sharing!

Firstly, on the more expensive end, Benefit's They're Real mascara ($23) is a favorite - on the better quality and more high end of things. I had heard amazing things about this mascara for the longest time but had always been skeptical because of the price and then I got a Sephora gift card so I decided to go for it. And let me tell you, this mascara did not disappoint. I really really love it and wish it wasn't $23 dollars!


Next is Maybelline's Volu'm Express Pumped Up! Colossal mascara. I bought this about a month ago and I have actually been greatly dissapointed by it. It goes on very clumpy and doesn't spread my lashes and coat them very well. I've been veering away from using this one lately.

Now for a better mascara! I love the Smashbox Full Exposure. Again, this is a bit pricey ($20) but I got this in a birchbox and was so pleased. This is really great quality and looks amazing on your lashes. I want to purchase this again!

Maybelline's Great Lash mascara. This mascara is my favoritest of them all. I have been using this for years and it's always been cheap, dependable, and does the trick. This is my go-to.


Maybelline's Volu'm Express Mega Plush mascara is another good mascara - but it isn't one I'd necessarily purchase again.


Let's do a little bit of comparison!


On the left, I'm wearing my great lash along with benefit's mascara. On the right, I'm wearing the colossal mascara. As you can see, my lashes are much longer wearing the great lash and benefit mascara, but more black wearing the colossal mascara. 


The best combination in my opinion: The Smashbox Full Exposure with a coat of Great Lash on top. It gives me ridiculously long and dark lashes, which is what I aim for!

Hope you guys are inspired to experiment with your mascara!!! 

xo Emily 

Post a Comment