How I Keep Fit: Walking

Friday, June 20, 2014

Today I'm going to talk about fitness! I plan to do plenty more posts on fitness but this is just a quick one for your Friday!

I've always been a very active person. I've played soccer and tennis my whole life and feel at home playing sports and being in constant movement.

After I graduated high school and went into college, my fitness dropped a little bit. The 'Freshman 15' is real and it's out there. 

My weight fluctuates, but I am really mostly concerned about my fitness. When you're putting good things in your body and keeping active, you will be healthier now and in the future.

I know it might be hard for some of us to actually get up off the couch and off the computer, especially during summer when that's basically what it's for right? But I think it's super important to get some sort of physical activity everyday in addition to eating healthy and drinking lots of water.

One way I keep fit is incredibly simple. All you have to do is walk. It's as simple as that. 

If you spend about 30 minutes everyday taking a walk, you're going to be healthier. Of course, you can go a step further and add in cardio and aerobics, but if you want to start out with something light, get a walk in everyday.

I love walks. You can go with a friend or a family member and have fun getting in shape with them, or you can make it your own time: bringing your iPod and listening to music or one of my personal faves, listening to audiobooks.

You can really make the time your own!


If you take a walk at night, you're guaranteed a lovely view of the sun setting: Like the pics above of my sky. 

So drink up that water, eat those leafy greens, and take a walk! I guarantee it'll be fun and relaxing as well as incredibly beneficial to your health!

xo Emily

Post a Comment