Product Review: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Foundation

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hey guys! Today I'm coming to you with a product review! Today's product is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Foundation. As anyone whose ever met me or visited my blog might know, I am a massive fan of Maybelline products. It probably makes up over 50% of my makeup bag at any given day and I have no qualms about that. They just make absolutely incredible products - some of my all time faves. 


So with all that prior knowledge, I decided to pick up the new Instant Age Rewind Foundation. I have been obsessed with the Instant Age Rewind dark spot and under-eye concealers for a long time now so I thought that it would be a good idea to try out the foundation version. 

This foundation runs for about $9 which isn't a bad price and I got the shade 
'Classic Ivory'. It matches your skin tone really nicely, especially since I usually have so much trouble matching my skin tone, I was happily surprised at how it matched mine!

Excuse my nails! Yikes

I also love this foundation because it evens your skin tone, firms your skin, and has Goji Berry and Caffeine. It also has SPF 18 which is just ESSENTIAL during summer. It's so nice to have SPF in foundation, especially during summer. Skincare and protection against the sun is so important so I love this foundation. 

To apply this foundation, I decided to use two different ways to apply it, with a brush and a beauty blender! 

First, I put about a quarter-sized amount on the back of my hand and then used my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and dotted it across one side of my face. I just blended and buffed that into my skin until I had a flawless finish. I then grabbed my damp beauty blender - mine's from Ricky's and 10$ cheaper than the original beauty blender - and blended in the foundation on the other side of my face. After using both applications, I think I prefer the beauty blender. It gives you a smoother finish and really melds with your skin.


The foundation looks really natural and nice on the skin, as you can see above.

After applying this foundation, I found that I really loved it. It matched perfectly with my skin and wasn't sticky, heavy, or too wet. I put on the rest of my makeup after and really love how it ended up looking.

Here's how the foundation looks with the rest of my 'face' on!


My face in natural light:


I went about the rest of my day as normal, even going on an hour long walk and the foundation held up really nightly. It didn't sweat off my face and really made my skin still look flawless, even after 8 hours. (As you can maybe see in the picture below)



Overall, I 100% recommend this foundation. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites. 

I hope everyone had a great day! I sure did! Look at the lovely view of my walk!




xo Emily 




Post a Comment