Budget Blush and Bronzer: The Best Buy

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Being on a budget is something pretty normal for me, and I think most people in life and my age. With school starting up again, and wanting to keep expenses down, I don't want to buy too many new products, and if I do, I want to keep them inexpensive. Even though I'm looking for inexpensive products, I still want to find quality products.

Over the past few years, I've done just that. I thought I'd share with you today a Budget Blush and Bronzer duo, that won't break the bank!

The budget duo in mind is the E.L.F. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder. This is a really great, affordable product, which I've been using for awhile now. 

First off, the price. This is only $3! Yup, a measly $3. It's such a good deal, especially when you think about other blush and bronzer duos like NARS', which will put you back a whopping $42! That's insane. (Though, NARS is a great brand with great products, I'm sure the duos are gorgeous, but far past my budget!)

 
Back to normalcy.....

The E.L.F. duo comes in three different shade duos, and I own 'St. Lucia'. Despite only having three different duos, there is great variety in the shades and you can have 6 amazing colors for under $10, if you were to choose to buy all three.



In my specific duo, the blush color is just a gorgeous deep pink, with a bit of gold undertones and sparkles. It works great as a highlighting blush because of that. I'd say it's a great dupe for the Benefit Rockateur Blush, which I also own, though it'll cost you about $20 less. 


The bronzer in the duo is also great, and I like that it's a lot more cool toned, without a lot of orange. For me, I like using bronzers with more cool tones because it suits me a lot better. 

Overall, this is a great product. There are better duos out there, but for the price, it's really hard to beat E.L.F. on cosmetics.

Do you have a favorite budget buy?

xo Emily

Post a Comment