Back to School Makeup

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

With school starting for most everyone across the world, I thought it would be fun to talk about a great 'Back to School' makeup look that is not only super cute, but easy and fast -which is essential for early mornings before class!


First off, I wanted to start off with a bit of dewy base so I primed my face using the Magic Lumi Primer. This gives you a really nice finish, making you look shiny and dewy without looking sweaty. Once you put foundation or BB cream on top, it leaves such a gorgeous sun-kissed foundation for the rest of your makeup.

Depending on what my day of school looks like, I next apply either foundation or BB cream, or neither if I'm really late (which happens often). I usually go on the BB cream route because I don't need much coverage and I don't have class non-stop all day (benefits of being a college student). I used a beauty blender to apply the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream all over my face. 

Concealer is a must for back to school makeup looks, especially under the eyes so I just used another Maybelline fave, the Fit Me Concealer, under my eyes and on any redness or blemishes. 

I didn't want to completely ruin the dewy look I was going for so I only powdered lightly in my T zone with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

Depending on how quick it takes you to do your foundation/BB cream, these few steps are insanely quick and easy.

For eyes, I was going for just a natural, neutral look with hints of shimmer and definition. I used the Maybelline The Nudes palette, starting with a light brown shade which I just blended and fluffed into my crease for definition. Then I went in with a shimmery pearl shade all over the lid and then gave my crease even more definition. 

Because I wanted a more natural look, I used a black shadow from the palette as my shadow, blending it up into my lid to make it look more smudged. I finished off my eyes with the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara on my upper and lower lid. This has quickly become my current favorite mascara because not only does it lengthen them amazingly (see picture below for proof), but separates them so nicely.


With how easy that eyeshadow look is, with the added benefit of just using a color from the palette as eyeliner, the eye look takes me just under 3 minutes!

As a final look on my face, I just gave myself a little bit of blush with Benefit's Rockateur and finished off with some Physicians Formula Highlighter on the high points on my face. 

I really love this look, which I use for everyday school makeup as well as just everyday makeup looks. It's simple, but gives you a bit of that dewy look, that always looks really natural. 


Only a few weeks left until I'm back to the grind of class, so I'm definitely happy to have a quick and easy makeup look ready for those agonizing mornings!

xo Emily

Post a Comment