Hey guys! Happy Hump Day. Today I'm sharing with you a look I've so cunningly (not really) called 'Mermaid Eyes' because they remind me of pretty, sparkly mermaid tails. It's a blue, green, and purple eye look, which I think is totally fun for both everyday (if you're brave) and the upcoming Halloween!
To create this look:
1. Post foundation, I want to have super glowing skin, to reflect the pretty/shiny mermaid tails! I used the blush 'Pink Passion' from E.L.F. on the apples of my cheeks for a super pink and super glittery highlight. It's basically a luminizer and blush all in one, which makes applying makeup a lot faster!
2. After I primed my eyes, I went in with 'Oceanview' from Tarte's Golden Days and Sultry Nights palette which is one of my favorites. Using a flat eyeshadow brush that has been wetted, pat Oceanview all across the lid, bringing it down to your lower lash line near the inner corner.
3. Define your crease using a fluffy brush. You can choose any color for this, but I wanted to incorporate that mermaid look so I used the darkest color from my Maybelline 'Lavender Smokes' quad. I will go back and define the crease with this eyeshadow every so often as well.
4. From the midpoint of my lid to the edge, I'm putting the second lightest purple shade from my quad onto the lid.
5. After I've blended and defined crease as much as possible, I brought the darkest purple shade down to my lower lash line to act as liner and to bring everything together.
6. Using my Chella eyeliner in 'Indigo Blue', I lined my eye with just the slightest cat-eye, because I wanted to really bring that blue out even more.
7. I finished off with Mascara, coating my lashes and voila, mermaid eyes were born!
The absolute last step was to add some lipstick. I decided to go for a beautiful red, which compliments green really nicely and brings the entire look together. The Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in 'Red Velvet' is what's on my lips and I absolutely adore it. It's so easy to apply and super moisturizing and pretty! I love how this looks and I think it's wearable enough for day!
Do you like mermaid eyes?