Fashion Week Favorites!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I don't know about you, but Fashion Week(s) across the world are always a highlight of the season! It's especially exciting to see all the hustle and bustle of this fashion filled month when you're living in New York City. As a native Missourian, I will never get tired of walking around this gorgeous city and seeing beautiful, glamorous people strutting around in 6 inch stilettos! 

I spent some of my time just taking in the Fashion Week scene at Lincoln Center, enjoying glimpses of some of my favorite people of the industry, including designers, bloggers, and celebrities! What a great atmosphere!



I've been following the Fashion Week coverage in great detail, and have been loving the new collections for various designers.

Some of my favorites were......

Diane Von Furstenburg - Her collection is insane. I'm a huge fan of the florals and gingham featured in her SS15 collection, especially as they had a very retro feel. I also loved the makeup and hair styles for this particular collection, very Bridget Bardot-esque, with big hair and smoky eyes! 

"Be Happy. Be Sexy. Be the Woman you want to be. Smile." Her words to the models before they were to walk hit a cord with me....what a great motto for life! Diane truly has hit it out of the park with this years collection. Check out all the gorgeous designs from her collection here - my favorite was this look. Magnificent.

Another great runway show was Altuzarra's. Another gingham-filled show, with some of prints similar to DVF's brilliant show. The tailored suits and slit skirts were striking and truly gorgeous. Very wearable as well! Here's my favorite look from the collection plus check out the rest here.

Rebecca Taylor's collection was incredible; dresses that were perfectly proportioned, perfectly wearable, and perfectly pretty. The paisley prints and flowy dresses were an absolute favorite and perfect for spring. Here's my favorite look from the show as well as the rest to check out here

I was swooning over Monique Lhuillier's spring line, punctuated with princessy gowns; it was my favorite I think. The show seemed to be completely magical, with each look making my eyes widen a bit more. This collection is truly unbelievable, and leaves me wanting everything. I'm a sucker for those angelic,  ethereal pieces, and Monique's collection did not disappoint. I felt it too hard to pick just one favorite so I've got three; This stunning number, this gown, and finally the most swoonworthy lavender gown to ever exist. Check out the entire collection here, and try not to drool too much.

I've been loving how vibrant and fashion-filled the city has been (which is only just a little more fashion-filled than usual) and I really hope one day I can go to Fashion Week and experience the shows firsthand!


Do you have a favorite show or look from this years fashion week? 

xo Emily

Post a Comment