The Weekend Face

Sunday, September 7, 2014

As a student, I sometimes find it hard to force myself to really look put together, especially in the morning. It's also difficult because sometimes I don't want to get all dolled up just for an hour long class, since I'll probably be coming home to nap afterwards. 

Because of that, I use the weekends to really make myself look nice! (or else I try) I've got more time and energy and also a lot of places to be, so I try to up my beauty routine!

For this weekend's face, I went for a neutral eye and a berry lip, which I've been loving lately. As summer winds down, I'm getting excited about wearing darker makeup, with lots of berry tones. 

I started out with a fresh, clean face (post shower + moisturizer) as my template!


For the look, I focused on making my eyes look neutral and really spending extra time on eyeliner and my lips. After primer and my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, I concealed my blemishes and under-eye circles with Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind. I lightly dusted a setting powder all over my face and then just used E.L.F.'s Tickled Pink blush to give myself a little extra color. 

For my eyes, I used the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I went in with the shade 'Naked 2' and darkened my crease with windshield wiper motions until it was defined to my liking, then I patted the shade 'Venus' all over the lid. That's all for the eyes, as I wanted it simple and neutral. 


For eyeliner, I went in with the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and created a pretty standard cat eye and then went over it with a pencil brush to lightly smoke it out. I finished off the eyes by curling my lashes and adding the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara.

To finish off this look I went for my berry lips. I am wearing Bite Beauty's Cava Lipstick, which is just the most gorgeous color. It's the perfect berry color and it's one of those 'Your lips, but better' shades that should be a staple in everyones collection. It's creamy and soft, with just enough shine, and is incredibly long-wearing. I love it.


That's it for the Weekend Face, I hope you enjoyed this. I'm finally getting done with my unpacking, and my room is coming along nicely, so I'll have some fun room posts as well as new product reviews coming up!!!

xo Emily



Post a Comment