What's in my travel makeup bag!

Monday, September 1, 2014

Hi guys! It's just about here, my day of departure for another school year. I'm flying out again this year, which means those lovely plane rides (I don't mind them, really). 

I thought I'd share with you what's in my travel makeup bag and some tips and essentials for keeping pretty and fresh when you're traveling!



First up, you want something easy and quick for your face and so I'm using a tried and tested (more me) BB cream across my face. You want to use BB cream because it's going to do a lot more then foundation, and will keep you more hydrated - planes really take the moisture right out of your skin. You also want to use a favorite product, don't try out anything new today.

Next up is concealer. I know that when I travel, I'm usually tired and with my flight being at 7:30, I know those dark circles will come a-knocking. Once again, use your favorite products. Mine are the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind and the NARS Creamy Concealer. 

After this, I ONLY set my under-eye area, nothing else; so I keep that dewy, hydration for my skin. 

Next up is my brows, which I once again use something quick and easy - the Anastasia Brow Wiz. This product (or any alternative you choose) has a built in spooli brush!

Next up is eyes. I don't usually do much on travel days, but sometimes I pop on a bit of a brown color in the crease and a shimmery shadow on the lid and to highlight the brow bone. I usually keep the lid simple, with either no or just a bit of liquid liner. I finish the eyse with my favorite mascara of the moment.

The last step for my face is to give it a bit of color, because when you're tired and traveling you tend to get super pale and washed out. I use a blush/bronzer duo from E.L.F. for this, which is quick and easy to bring with you.

This group of products are some of my favorite beauty items, and are super easy for travel!


What are your favorite travel beauty products?

xo Emily



Post a Comment