New Years Eve / Makeup

Wednesday, December 31, 2014


Yesterday I showed you my New Years Hair Look and today I'm sharing the makeup look I'll be doing for today.

It's a shimmery eyeshadow look with a strong, black cat-eye and some beautiful plum lipstick. I love how it turned out and it works perfectly with any color you'll be wearing.

1. {The Base}

Face Base

Because we're going to be staying up until well-after midnight, we want a foundation and concealer that covers well and stays all night long! I started with the Benefit Porefessional Primer so that my foundation will stay all night long. Next up, I went in with my favorite foundation, Rimmel's Match Perfection and blended it in with my Real Techniques Buffing Blush. To really make sure we're completely covered and awake looking for the New Year, I'm using a combination of concealers. First off, I took Tarte's Creaseless Concealer under my eyes, then used NARS Creamy Concealer under my eyes, on blemishes, and to highlight.

2. {Brows and Powder}

Brows and Powder

To set my foundation and concealer, I used Rimmel's Stay Matte powder on a big fluffy brush across my whole face. To add warmth back to my face, I used Too Faced 'Chocolate Soleil Bronzer' to first contour my face, then bronze up my cheek bones, temples, and down the sides of my neck. Benefit's Rockateur Blush went on the apples of my cheeks and I finished off my face powders with the Too Faced highlighter 'Inner Light' on the high points of my face. Last up was my brows; I used the Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Chocolate' to fill them in.

3. {Eye Makeup}

Eye Faves

For my eye makeup, I kept it relatively simple. All my shadow was from a Too Faced Palette. I used 'Knockout' {dark, matte brown} and ' Fawned of You' {light, matte brown} from Too Faced to define my crease and then patted a mixture of 'Shiny Happy' {shimmery gold} and 'Mauvelous' {shimmery lavender} across my entire lid. For added shimmer, I used 'Kindness is Free' {pink shimmer} in the middle of my lid. I wanted a intense cat-eye so I first went in to create the lines with Stila's Liquid Liner, darkening it up with the Maybelline Gel Liner. I finished everything off on my eyes with many coats of the Buxom Mascara on my lashes.

4. {Lips}

Lips

For the final touch, I used Mac's 'Whirl' Lip Liner to lightly line my lips, then I went in with Bite Beauty's 'Cava'. I absolutely love this lipstick duo, it makes for a gorgeous wine/plum/berry lip, that is fantastic during winter.


I hope you all enjoyed this makeup look!

xo Emily

3 comments

  1. Hey there !!

    lovely blog post !!

    great blog you have here

    would be great to see you over on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    Happy New Year!!

    Jade 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyes look amazing!!

    Happy New Year!

    xx
    Jen
    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love natural make up!
    Happy New Year dear!!!
    http://laviecestchic.blogspot.it
    facebook.com/laviecestchic

    ReplyDelete