My 'Night Out' Go-To Makeup

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Hey guys! Hope you're having a lovely day.

Today I'm sharing my go-to 'Night Out' makeup look that I wear when I have parties, events, or dinners in the evening. It's a shimmery chestnut smoky eye that works with so many different skin tones, outfits and occasions. I love it because it's not as intense as a black smoky eye, but still has that wow factor that you need when transitioning into nighttime looks.


This look also doubles as a fantastic Holiday makeup look, because deep, chestnut browns with accents of shimmer and gold are incredibly appropriate for this season!


To Create This Look:

1. Start off by priming your eyes with your favorite primer {I used the E.L.F. Mineral Eye Primer}
2. First up, pat a gold shimmery shade across your whole lid lightly. I used 'Caipirnha Cocktails' from the Tarte Golden Days and Sultry Nights Palette. I only patted enough to cover the whole lid once, acting as a base for future shadow {by using this gold shimmer beneath the rest of our brown shadows, it will really shine through, giving your eye some more dimesnions allowing that gold to really look good underneath everything}
2. Pat a shimmery deep brown eye shadow across your entire lid. I used 'Tropical Sunset' from the Tarte Golden Days and Sultry Nights Palette. Wet your eyeshadow brush (or your finger if you prefer) and make sure the color is across the lid, working it slightly into the crease. 


3. Darken the crease using a dark, matte brown shade. I used 'Espradrilles' from the same palette {this will add some amazing definition to your crease, and because we are going for a chestnut/brown smoky look, it'll be the best to define with}
4. Once your crease is darkened to your liking, bring 'Tropical Sunset' down to your lower lash line, patting it in and really smoking it out low.


5. Add a little more shimmer with 'Caipirnha Cocktails' across the inner corner of your lower lash line. {this will bring the whole look together nicely}
6. If you so choose, go in with eyeliner now. I used Stila's Stay-All Day Liquid Liner and created a thin cat-eye. {this is tied for my favorite liquid liner ever, it's brilliant}
7. Add your favorite mascara for the final touch. I went in with a combination of L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara for separating and then Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara for really adding more volume!



xo Emily

3 comments

  1. You look amazing and I just love that eyeshadow. Great job.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty :) I like that it's subtle and yet the eyeshadow really pops!

    deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Very nice make up you have!

    xoox

    ReplyDelete