New In: Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Gel

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Hey guys! I've got a new product to talk about today. I recently picked up the Maybelline EyeStudio Brow Drama in Soft Brown, which is one of the first tinted brow gels for the drugstore. I really was excited to try this out because I wanted a more affordable alternative to the Benefit Gimme Brow, which is over $20. 

 

This runs for about $8 at the drugstore and comes in three shades; blonde, soft brown, and deep brown. It looks like a mascara wand and the soft brown shade actually fits my brow color pretty well. I like how easy it is to use, all you have to do is follow your natural brow arch with the wand, and it just fills in your brows with extra color and fibers. 


It's a good product if you're on the go and don't want to have to shape and maintain your brows too much. It's fast and easy, and in a rush, it'll get the job done and make your brows look fuller and will keep them in place all day. 
{A closeup of the gel in action}
{My left eyebrow without the product, my right brow with the product}

What I don't like is that it doesn't completely fill in my brows the way I wanted to and definitely isn't as effective as Benefit's Gimme Brow. It will fill in some of the gaps but still leaves some parts sparse. Also, if you put too much product on your brows, it'll leave them feeling stiff and cakey, which I really don't like in any sort of brow product. 

Overall, I think it's great in a pinch and I have been using it every so often since I got it. It's a great alternative to the more expensive brow gels, but it does have some flaws.


xo Emily

1 comment

  1. This looks really good! Need to try it one day

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete