First Impression Face

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I've gotten quite a few new products in the past few weeks and haven't really taken the time to try everything out and really inspect how much I like it - so I decided to just do it all at once! As the title might suggest, my #fotd is basically made up of new products. I'll tell you a bit about the product and how I like (or dislike) it!


Milani Gel Powder Eyeshadow in 'Bella Gold'  I've been really loving this shadow so far. The pigmentation is magnificent and it's a nice, reliable gold. I had heard so many great things about these single shadows and I really like them. They only go for about $3 which is fantastic as well!

Maybelline Master Prime Primer in 'Blur + Smooth' - I really do not like this product. It cost me over $7 and was not worth it. Maybelline's primers don't really seem to do much for me. I tried the 'Blur + Smooth' to see if it would be a good dupe for Benefit's Porefessional but it's absolutely not. I would skip buying this and if you're in the mood for a drugstore dupe of that benefit primer - go for Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser instead. 

It Cosmetics 'Airbrush Blending Crease' Makeup Brush - I adore this brush. I haven't stopped using since I got it. It blends product beautifully and fits into your crease nicely. The brush is super soft, which is so important with makeup brushes for your eyes. You can only buy this at Ulta or Ulta online and it costs $14 which I was happy to pay - it's a great brush. 

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - I've bought this product before but I thought I'd mention it again because it's just fantastic. There are actually 32 different colors that it comes in and I love using this to line my upper and lower lash lines, waterlines, and as an eyeshadow or highlighter. They cost $4.50 and they're amazing.

NYX Matte Bronzer - Another NYX product I picked up and unfortunately, it just doesn't hold up as a quality product, unlike the jumbo eye pencil. This product does not blend easy in the skin and somehow leaves me looking worse than I do without a bit of bronzer on my face. I don't recommend it and the price ($9) makes me cringe now that I know I don't like it. An even better matte bronzer from the drugstore is NYC's Sunny Bronzer which is only $3 and works perfectly on any skin type (plus it's easy to blend).

L'Oreal Pro-Matte Infallible Foundation in 'Classic Ivory' - I won't say much at all about this since I did an in depth review of it a few days ago. You can read that here. Basically - this is a fantastic product and I'm obsessed!

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Pencil in 'Eastend Snob' - UGH. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. I'm sorry for the dramatics but Rimmel does such a killer job on their lip pencils. I already have one other shade in this collection and I'm so glad I added this shade to the collection. It's the perfect pink that is a great 'Your Lips But Better' color. It's pink and pretty and I cannot stop wearing it. (It's matte but I added a clear gloss over it in this picture!)


Hope you enjoyed my first impressions and mini-reviews of these products! Have you ever used these? How did you like them?



xo Emily

2 comments