Today I thought I'd share my everyday fall makeup, which I wear almost everyday in fall. The products and application vary somewhat from week to week and I usually vamp it up or change my routine for special occasions or nights out but this is pretty much my everyday look!
I usually go for a color scheme that emphasizes dark browns and red/gold tones as well as shimmer!
1. The first thing I do is prime my face. I alternate between using the Porefessional by Benefit and Maybelline's Baby Skin.
2. Next up is foundation, which I actually don't always wear. When I do wear it, I have been loving the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in Classic Ivory, which I buff onto the skin with a brush.
3. I never skip concealer, and I usually vary between (or use a mix of) the NARS Creamy Concealer and Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind.
4. If I don't want to be super shiny or really want my makeup to stay I set it with Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder which is one of the best products you can buy.
5. Next up is bronzer - which I skip when I don't have much time. Otherwise, I just give myself a light dusting of the Physician's Formula Glow-Boosting bronzer.
6. My Fall (and summer and spring and winter) blush is Benefit's Rockateur which has been my favorite for almost an entire year!
7. Next up are eyebrows. I lightly fill in and sharpen my arches with the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I love the attached spooli that comes with it, makes applying it so much easier!
8. Next up, I move onto my eyes. I start with primer and my favorite is the Magic Decrease from L'Oreal because I have eyelids that crease easily!
9. Using a black eyeliner (mine's from Urban Decay) I just tightline my upper water line to really help darken up my lashes and give it a more intense look that's perfect for Autumn.
10. For this eye makeup look, I've been loving using the Naked Palette. It has such appropriate Fall shades. I start out and work 'Naked' and 'Buck' into my crease, bringing it down to my lower lash line slightly so that the dark of the browns surrounds my whole eye. Next I pat a mixture of 'Sidecar' and 'Sin' across the entire lid, going back in with those browns and buffing the crease out again, to soften up any harsh lines. Next, I go in with 'Toasted' which is just the loveliest cranberry/burgundy shimmer shade and pat that on the outer part of my lid. It adds just a bit more dimension and color to the eye and makes it perfectly Autumn inspired! Lastly, I bring 'Toasted' and 'Darkhorse' to my lower lash line and then highlight my brow and inner tear duct with 'Virgin'.
11. In Autumn, I go for a very very dramatic and sexy black cat-eye and Stila's liquid liner in 'Intense Black' is the absolute best to achieve that look. It's waterproof and like it's name might suggest, 'stays all day'.
12. Finishing the eyes is mascara, which changes almost daily. When I made this post, I was using Benefit's They're Real mascara, so I thought I'd include it because it's a great product!
13. I especially love to finish the entire face look with highlighter in Autumn because I think it's a lot easier to pull off a pretty cheek shimmer in the colder months - when the sun isn't making it sweat down your cheeks. My favorite is The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer, which isn't chalky and slides perfectly on. (You're also never going to run out of this product - that's a guarantee)
14. The last thing for my everyday fall makeup look is something for my lips! I don't always wear lipstick or lip gloss but sometimes it's fun to embrace fall colors and put that on my lips. My three favorites for the season are Rimmel's Show Off Lip Laquer in 'Nude Eclipse' (that's what I have on in these photos), Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in 'Classic Beige', and MAC's Lip Pencil in 'Whirl'.
I love this look and it's no wonder - I wear it almost everyday!
What are your essentials for an everyday fall makeup look?