AUGUST FAVORITES

Monday, September 19, 2016

I'm aware that this post and video is incredibly late but it's better late than never, right? Anyways, I have some pretty awesome favorites in this post. In addition to this post, I've created an August favorites video to go along with this on my YouTube channel



Here are my thirteen favorites for the month!


The Magic Lumi Primer from L'Oreal has always been one of my all time favorite face primers but I'm got a renewed love for it this month. It's been about a year or two since I've actually purchased and used this product and I forgot how amazing it is! It's a great product for those with dry skin as it keeps your face moisturized and glowing. I love using this under my foundation and concealer for the glowiest looks!  




The Tarte CC Under Eye Concealer is a handy little concealer which is especially good for dark circles. It's not the best product for blemishes because the consistency is a little thicker, similar to the Tarte Creaseless Concealer, but it works really well as an under eye product. I actually got this for half off its original price at Ulta in early August. I was worried it wouldn't be the best product, considering the sale, but I was happily surprised by how well this product works! 


Oh my GOODNESS. I am LOVING this make up brush. I'm a huge fan of e.l.f. brushes because of their quality. Plus, they're incredibly inexpensive. This is a great brush for blending in concealer and foundation because the consistency of the bristles is a great mix between hard and soft. 


L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer (Brunette) ($8.99)

If you're looking for a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz, this is the product! I've been searching for a dupe for it for years, because I have always preferred the Brow Wiz over any other product and it's hard to keep spending so much on a product that I have to replenish often. The product is double-ended: One end is a spooli brush to brush out your brows and the other is a thin pencil. I find myself reaching for this instead of the Brow Wiz everyday because of how great it is.


I won't go into much detail about this since I wrote an entire blog post on this palette, but suffice to say, this is the best palette. You should definitely try this out if you're in the market for a new eyeshadow palette!


I caved. I bought some Kylie Lip Kits. And I LOVE them. They're actually incredible. The formula is very nice and leaves your lips feeling soft and moisturized all day long. The lip stain itself is long-lasting and looks great even after you've been doing random shiz all day. Stay tuned for a full video on Kylie Cosmetics!

Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Nail Polish (Undercover) ($1.99)

This nail polish, which you can see on my fingers in both the video and the photo below, is a really lovely color. It's most closely resembling a 'salmon' shade and I think it looks really nice on the nails. 


Plus, it was only $1.99 and actually has the ability to last a long time (especially when paired with a topcoat) so you should check out Wet 'n' Wild polishes if you want to try out something inexpensive. They're a lot better quality than the Sinful Colors line you find at Walgreens/Duane Reade and the brush is a bit thicker, which makes it easier to apply the product!




For one of my fashion favorites this month are the Quay KOSHA sunglasses in Clear/Silver. I've heard so many good things about these sunglasses so I decided to try them out. I love the size and shape of these on my face because they're big without being oversized. Loving these, though I'm still annoyed they're not pronounced 'Qway' instead of 'Key'. 

Zara Basic Star Print Button Down (32.95)



My second fashion favorite is this Zara Basic Star Print Button Down shirt. It's from their Basics collection and unfortunately, I can't find the link online. This shirt is so comfortable and is really flattering (hopefully). I adore the star print and think it's really fun and funky. 




Ugh. How cool is this print? I found it at a little shop near my apartment which stocks really cool and unique items. This print involves two of my favorite things, 90's music and Star Wars. Plus it matches the color scheme of my room so I can't wait to put it up! The artist, Caryn Cast, makes some really awesome prints so you should go check her out.


I've got two book favorites this month and the first is Annamarie Tendler's makeup book. It has incredible beauty tips and tricks that are helpful for anyone who likes makeup. Also, I think she's so cool. Check out her Instagram for makeup and lampshade inspiration. (you'll understand if you check out her Insta)




My last book favorite is Ina Garten's Back to Basics. This cookbook is for anyone who likes to cook and wants to make delicious food. It's definitely the basics, but gourmet and easy to make! Her recipes are DELISH and I recommend them to any and everyone. (Check out her Instagram for inspo)

Parks and Recreation

My TV favorite this month is actually Parks and Rec, one of my favorite shows of all time. My love for the Pawnee gang has been reignited. You should definitely watch it if you haven't already. It's streaming on Netflix now!

Ghostbusters (2016)
UGH. I loved this movie. What a kickass bunch of ladies. Please check this out if you haven't already. It's out on DVD October 11th, you're welcome!

What were your favorites this month?
xo Emily

1 comment

  1. "Groove is in the hutt" omg, love it.
    And I adore the name of your blog!

    xo www.hellomoonies.com

    ReplyDelete