Jean-Georges

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Hello, I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! At my school, we get the Thursday and Friday before Easter and the Monday following Easter off, so my mom and sister came to visit me in New York.

On Friday, my mom and I went to one of my absolute favorite restaurants in New York - Jean-Georges. It's ridiculously fancy and ridiculously expensive but it's a huge treat when I do get to go. We decided last minute to go because they have a $38 prix-fixe lunch menu, which is completely affordable and a great little treat. It's three courses - appetizer, entree, and dessert - and it's amazing. Here's what I got:

Appetizer: Fried Calamari with Basil Salt and Citrus Chili Dip



 They were absolutely incredible. I adore calamari and getting it from one of the best restaurants in New York was pretty special. The Chili dip that went with it was the perfect bit of sweet, spice, and tangy and made for the perfect bite!

Entree: Slowly Cooked Salmon with Sautéed Potatoes and a Black Olive and Passion Fruit sauce.



The salmon was incredible. Fish in New York is out of this world. The portion was massive and underneath the fish was a few pieces of sautéed potatoes, spinach, and the most best glaze I've ever tasted. You wouldn't think a black olive and passion fruit glaze would taste good, but it was phenomenal.

My mom's entree: Sautéed Black Sea Bass with Shitake Mushrooms, Fiddlehead Ferns, Sesame Vinaigrette.


My mom also got fish - hers was a sautéed black sea bass that honestly changed my life. Cooked to perfection and covered in a magnificent sesame vinaigrette, this was a perfect entree.

Dessert: Jean-Georges Warm Chocoalte Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream





Do I really need to say anything about this gorgeous piece of dessert? (Cake is my favorite food so I could barely contain myself when this got to our table - YUM)


I can't wait to go back to Jean-Georges for another amazing meal!



xo Emily

1 comment

  1. Oh my gosh this looks soooo yummy!

    xxx Linsey from POSE-BLOG.com

    You can also check my BLOGLOVIN & FACEBOOK if you like! :)

    ReplyDelete