Everyday Smoked Out EyeLiner / Makeup Look

Friday, January 30, 2015

Hey guys! Sorry for the spotty posting as of late, but I had a bit of computer mishap and a very busy schedule so I'm finally back in the swing of posting! Today's post comes to you in the form of a makeup look. I've been loving doing this smoky, smudged out eyeliner look and thought I'd share how I do it with you! 


1. I want to keep my skin free of an exorbitant amount of products so I'm forgoing foundation because this is an everyday look! I'm starting out with Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer to cover up all and any blemishes I have and to really brighten my under-eye area. 
2. To fully conceal my terribly dark under-eyes, I'm going in with a second concealer, Tarte's Creaseless Concealer. This just adds a bit more coverage. 
3. To set the concealer and keep it from moving throughout the day, I'm using Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. This is an absolute favorite and it just helps to keep your makeup staying all day and mattify everything. 
4. For my everyday look, I want to bring some color back to my face. I use NYC's Sunny Bronzer along my cheekbones and around my face to just get that sunkissed glow back to my complexion.


5. Again, I want to continue to bring color back to my face so I'll use Benefit's Rockateur Blush on the apples of my cheek.
6. I can't go without a highlight and this one by The Balm, the Mary-Lou Manizer is perfect for an everyday look. 
7. Brows time! An absolute favorite, Anastasia's Brow Wiz is my preferred method to fill in and shape my brows. 
8. For eyeshadow, I'm using only shades from the Lorac Pro 2 Palette. I'll start with a mixture of 'Nectar' and 'Light Brown' on a big fluffy brush and blend that into the crease until I have enough build up. Next, I'll use a mixture of 'Beige' and 'Rose' on the lid to give a bit of shimmer to the look. To darken everything up, I go back into the crease with 'Cocoa'. 
9. Here's where the 'Smoked Out Eyeliner' comes in. First, I go in with L'Oreal's Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner and line my top lashline, adding a medium sized cat eye. Once this is done, I go in with a black eyeshadow, 'Black' from the Lorac Palette. Taking a pencil brush and that shadow, all I did was brush along where I had already placed eyeliner, smudging it out to create that smoky look. I also brought the shadow down to my lower lash line to balance the look.
10. To finish the eyes I used Maybelline's Miss Manga mascara which gives incredible length to my lashes.
11. For my lips, I used one of Rimmel's Exagerrate Lip Pencils in the color 'Addiction'. This is such a great dupe for Mac's 'Spice' and 'Whirl' liners. It's that perfect 'Your Lips But Better' lip shade!
12. The last step is to keep your face all set and matte. To do this, I spray a bit of NYX's Matte Finish Spray on my face!


I really love how this turned out!

xo Emily

Post a Comment