Today's Face Tuesday: An Everyday Summer Makeup Look

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Today's Face: Tuesday 
My Everyday Summer Makeup Look

In today's makeup post, I'm showing you my go-to summer makeup look. Since it's hot and humid out during the summer, this look is really simple, light and perfect for sticky weather. 

The Before Look 

Again, like in my other makeup looks, I start with moisturizer and primer and then foundation and concealer. For today, since I want my complexion glowing, I'm using the L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer which basically makes your face shiny and glowy (which is perfect for this look). Next, I went in with the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream instead of full foundation because BB cream is much lighter on the skin, has lower coverage, and contains sunscreen which is absolutely perfect for sunny, summer weather. 

My face post-BB Cream

Face Thingies!

Next, I went in with my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Under Eye Concealer and covered my (cute as heck) under eye circles. I then went in with the same concealer but in the 'brightener' tone and popped that on my t-zone, upper lip, and under eye area just to brighten up my look.


I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer and brightener for my under-eyes

My pressed powder, blush, and bronzer that were used in this look

 Next, I use just a TINY bit of Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder to set my BB cream and concealer. I used enough to keep the concealer staying all day but not too much so that I would lose the glow from the primer and BB cream so that I would keep that summer glow. To brighten and color up my face, I used my e.l.f. studio contouring blush and bronzing palette in the color St. Lucia. I absolutely adore this palette not only because it's $3.00(!!!!!!!!!) but also because it's beautiful! So using that, I gently bronzed my face, cheeks, and temples and then blushed up the apples of my cheek.

 Now for eyebrows!!! I've been trying out the Milani EasyBrow to fill in and shape my brows. It's a really affordable product and is easy to apply! I'm loving it so far. 


To do my brows, I first use the spoolie side of the EasyBrow to shape and tame the caterpillars. Then I use the other side of the brush to actually fill in the brows so that they don't have any gaps in color. After that, I go in with a dark brown eyeshadow to just smooth it out and finish with my Sonia Kashuk Brow Gel to set it all!

Here's the look with my brows done up!

It's time for my eyes! Because I want the look to be subtle, sweet, and summery, I'm using a light pink/champagne eyeshadow all over my lid. It's shimmery and soft which is perfect. To darken up the look and give it dimension, I used brown in the crease and just blended that out. Instead of a harsh eyeliner, I took that same brown eyeshadow and just lined my upper lid slightly.


Lastly, I used Benefit's They're Real and Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Volume Mascaras and made my lashes really dark and pretty.



To finish, I made sure my lips were coated in Chapstick and then I went in with a peachy blush and gave my lips a little bit of sparkle using it.

The finished look:


Hope you all enjoyed this look!!!

xo Emily

Post a Comment