There's nothing I love more than baking. And as Autumn approaches, I've been getting more and more excited about everything it brings - falling leaves, sweaters, cozy nights in and lots and lots of baking.
Today's post is one of my favorite Autumnal recipes: Apple Crisp (or Apple Crumble as some like to say). It's such an easy recipe and so delicious.
Emily's Apple Crisp
2 apples, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup Oats
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Sugar (any kind of your choosing)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
A sprinkle of allspice or nutmeg
1 teaspoon Vanilla
5 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Peel and slice apples and place in oven safe dish/bowl/cooking apparatus [I used a small round corningware bowl]
3. Grab a bowl and add 1/2 cup of oats to it.
4. Next, add 1/2 cup of flour to the bowl.
5. Add 1/2 cup of sugar to the bowl.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the bowl.
7. Next, put 5 tablespoons of butter in a bowl and soften it in the microwave. Zap the butter for a minute on half power so it doesn't burn.
8. Add the butter to the dry ingredients, stirring it together until everything is mixed.
9. Add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla to the ingredients, once again mixing until everything is incorporated. Here you can add the nutmeg or allspice.
10. Spread the mixture across the apples in the oven safe dish.
11. Cook for 30 minutes, or until the topping is crispy, bubbling, and golden brown!