Hello everyone! With Valentine's close approaching, I thought I would share a few Valentine's looks. The first one is a glamorous and romantic look perfect for date night, girls' night, or a night in! (if you want)
I love Valentine's Day because I'm a hopeless romantic. I hope this look inspires some of you, if you also celebrate! If not, it's a great look for a fun night out!
Here's how to get this glamorous and romantic makeup look:
1. Start with a primer. Because I'll be wearing full foundation, I want the primer to help the look stay all through the day and on whatever Valentine's night plans you'll be on! I'm using one of my favorites, Maybelline's Baby Skin Primer, which is affordable and helps reduce the appearance of pores. I placed it in my T-zone, focusing on the area near my nose.
2. Next up I'm going in with a long-lasting and loved foundation, the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte. On holidays or big nights where you want to be sure you look and feel comfortable (especially if you're on a date) wear one of your favorite foundations. This is a great one because it keeps your skin looking matte and stays on all night!
3. To cover any redness or discoloration, I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer around my nose and under my eyes. It instantly (get it?) covers dark circles and looks natural and beautiful in person and in photos!
4. Because it's a holiday, I went an extra step further and covered any extra blemishes with the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, one of the best concealers I've ever used.
5. To set all of that product, I used my favorite setting powder, the Rimmel Stay Matte. You won't be shiny and it'll keep your product in place all night!
6. Because I'm using a few mattifying products, I wanted to give myself a lot of highlight. I used The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer on my cheekbones, beneath my brow bone, my cupid's bow, and down the bridge of my nose. I love this highlight because it's natural, but also glam.
7. To give myself more color, I bronzed with Benefit's Hoola Bronzer.
8. To add a bit more color, I used Benefit's Rockateur Blush on the apples of my cheeks.
9. To fill in my brows and reshape them, I used Anastasia Beverly Hills' Brow Wiz in 'Dark Brown'. This is one of the best eyebrow products you can buy. Despite being $21, it lasts a long time and looks natural.
10. Because I'm doing heavy eyeshadow, I primed my lids with the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer.
11. To create that beautiful romantic pink eyeshadow look, I used 'Trick' from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette across my lid. It's a super shimmery pink shadow that looks lovely when blended with other shadows in the palette. To give it even more pigment, I sprayed a bit of the NYX Setting Spray on my brush and then patted it on. I blended the shadows 'Nooner' and 'Liar' into my crease to create definition.
12. I gave myself a little playful cat-eye (which is so appropriate for Valentine's) with the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.
13. One of my favorite mascaras, the L'Oreal Telescopic was a perfect way to finish off the look, because it lengthens and volumizes your lashes!
14. Because it's Valentine's Day, I wanted to go all out with a pink lip. I started by lining my lips with MAC's 'Whirl' Lipliner and then....
15. Coated my lips with the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in #1 'Nude Beige' because it's pretty, feminine, and pink as can be.
16. Finally, I set the look with the NYX Matte Finishing Spray, to keep everything in place!
(Excuse my weird face in this??? The makeup is still cute, though)
That's my first Valentine's look, I hope you all liked it!