The Fourth of July

Sunday, July 12, 2015

I know this is a week after the fact but, I thought I'd share with you how my Fourth of July was. 

I took the bus down on Thursday to visit my sister, Amanda, in Washington D.C. We spent our time on Thursday catching up and eating at Barcelona, a Tapas restaurant and one of my favorite places to eat in D.C.

Location: Barcelona Dishes: Chicken and Jamon Croquettas + Spiced Beef Empanadas + Jamon Serrano
Location: Barcelona Dish: Hanger Steak (Not Pictured: Rockfish a la Plancha + Asparagus a la Plancha)

We spent Friday shopping for the Fourth of July and then went out to eat at one of the highest rated restaurants in D.C., The Red Hen, which is coincidentally near to my sisters and a place we love to frequent. 
Location: The Red Hen Dish: Grilled Octopus with Spring Pea Hummus (Not Pictured: Salt Cod Brandade + Whipped Ricotta Crostini)
 Location: The Red Hen Dish: Caramelized Scallops with English Peas, Bacon, Charred Scallion, Spring Greens & Soft Polenta (Not Pictured: Spinach Zucca with Grilled Summer Squash, English Pea Crema, Lemon, Basil & Pistachios + Whole Wheat Cavatelli with Sweet Corn, Wild Mushrooms, Smoked Bacon & Pecorino Tartufo)
 Location: The Red Hen Dish: Summer Berry Trifle with Citrus Sponge Cake, Mascarpone & Lemon Crumble

On Saturday, which was the actual Fourth of July, we spent the morning preparing dishes for my sister's barbecue. She made so many delicious things and one of my favorites were the super festive chocolate covered strawberries pictured below! We also had some fun and cute jello shots! (Plus lots of actual food)
Location: Washington D.C. DressUrban Outfitters (On sale now!)

It was such a wonderful weekend and I'm so thankful to my sister for hosting me and hosting such a wonderful party!


xo Emily

4 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, so much amazing food, yum!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeee Barcelona! I go to the one in Brookline and didn't realize there were so many other locations!

    xx,
    Susie

    www.SequinsandStrawberries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely delicious!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun recap of a super fun weekend! Love you, Emily!

    XO
    Amanda

    www.madeforscratch.com

    ReplyDelete