Simple Summer

Friday, July 10, 2015

Hello all! I'm back with a simple makeup look - perfect for summer. It's quick, easy, and works well with the heat of these humid months!


I only use 7 products to create this look. 


1. Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette is all I use to create my eye look. With a big fluffy brush, I blend 'Naked 2' (a matte taupe shade) into my crease until I have subtle definition. I also bring that color down to my lower lash line to lightly define it. Then, with a flat eyeshadow brush, I take 'Venus' (a shimmery white) and place it all over my lid for a bit of shimmer. 

2. To conceal my bags and dark circles under my eyes, I use my all time favorite concealer, NARS Creamy Concealer in 'Vanilla'. I also used this to cover up any blemishes.

3. To finish off my eyes, I use a waterproof mascara so that the summer sweatiness does not affect my eyes. I used L'Oreal's Miss Manga Voluminous Waterproof mascara on my upper and lower lashes. 

4. I can't forget my brows so I filled and shaped them with Anastasia's Brow Wiz Pencil in 'Chocolate'. 

5. To brighten up everything, I highlighted my lower waterline and inner tear duct area with NYX's Wonder Pencil in 'Light'. 


6. For a perfect summer lip, I lined and filled in my lips with Rimmel's Exaggerate Lip Liner in 'Eastend Snob' (my absolute favorite). 

7. Finally, I want to give my cheeks a big pop of color. To do this, I use E.L.F.'s blush in 'Fuschia Fusion' which is a super pink and glittery product. I love that it acts as both a highlighter and a blush.

Those 7 products are all I need to create a great summer face! 



What are your favorites for summer? 

xo Emily

Post a Comment