Winter Simplicity

Monday, December 7, 2015

Hi guys! I have a quick and easy makeup look today that I like to call 'Winter Simplicity' because it's perfect for the season and it's so easy and simple. 

These five products below are the main components of this look. I love how this look complements any skin tone and works great for this time of year.

Because it's winter I went for face products that are a bit more moisturizing. I started with the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer because it provides enough coverage and it's (as the name says) moisturizing. 

To conceal my under eyes and blemishes, I used Maybelline's Better Skin Concealer in 'Ivory' because it is lightweight but also gives me the desired coverage. 
I set my makeup using the Rimmel Stay Matte and then went in with another Laura Mercier favorite, the Baked Powder in 'Bronze'. For the highlight I used Tarte's 'Pink Champagne'.

As you can tell, my eyes are very simple. I blended 'Cover' a taupe/pink matte shade from the Naked Basics 2 Palette into my crease and then patted the same highlight 'Pink Champagne' onto my lid to bring out that pink I wanted in the look.


For mascara I used Maybelline's Great Lash, one of my all time favorites. 


To finish, I used a gorgeous deep pink lipstick from Burberry, '405' Nude Rose. This was a bit of a splurge but it's quickly becoming one of my favorite go-to lipsticks. It's a lovely lip color for Winter and it's so easy to apply (plus its moisturizing).


I love how this look turned out - I think it's so healthy and pretty. How would you do a Winter Simple makeup look?

xo Emily

Post a Comment