My Summer Fashion Staple

Monday, June 16, 2014

I'm currently loving these slouchy, flowy 'kimono' type tops. Not only are they a trend for this season, but they are perfect for summer!

 Today I'll show you how I wear mine featuring my NastyGal 'Vix Kimono Robe' which is this beautiful flowered robe with lace detailing on the sleeves. There's an open front, a tie at the waist and drop shoulder bell sleeves with sheer fabric. (It's also currently on sale if you want to check it out!) 

Below, I show you four ways I like to incorporate this Kimono Robe into my everyday wear, featuring my current favorite Target 'Tipper Sandals' which are only $20! In addition to being comfortable and cute, these sandals are very versatile for any look you're going for!

How I wear a Kimono
Click the image for a link to my polyvore!

Dressy - For this look, I wear a more formal dress like this Texture Crop Skater Dress from Topshop. (On sale for $35 right now!) I keep this pretty simple, only pairing light jewelry, a purse and the sandals with it.

Casually Sexy - For this look, I wanted to spice it up a bit. I'm no stranger to showing a bit of skin and I think that this piece can help someone achieve a sexier look. Since the kimono is very loose and flowy to begin with, what I love is to wear a Free People Lace Halter Bra underneath it and then just tie the robe off so that a bit of skin is showing. Then I pair any high waisted/hot pants type shorts with it: mine are the Topshop Moto Blue Rosa Hotpants. This makes for a really great summer casual and sexy look.  

Sweet and Simple - For this, I keep it cute and girly. I love pairing a romper with this kimono and this one, the Salsit Creme De La Stem Romper, has been a staple in my wardrobe for the past few weeks. I love this romper and when you add a few layered necklaces with this, it looks amazing.

Casual Professional - I really wanted to show you one of my full jean looks with this kimono because I am constantly in jeans and it makes sense that I would want to pair absolutely everything I own with them. I love wearing boyfriend jeans and boyfriend jeans with kimonos just add a whole new level to a look. The ones in this outfit are the Topshop Moto Bleached Hayden Jeans. I paired it with a white tank top: this one is a Lace Collar Top from Topshop which looks amazing with big, chunky necklaces like the one in this look, Baublebar's Natural Petal Collar.

I love these outfits and can't believe how well the sandals and kimono work with each one!


How do you wear kimonos?

xo Emily


Post a Comment