A Bit of Pink

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pink is probably my favorite color; I have the bed sheets and notebooks and knick knacks to prove it. The thing is, I don't really ever wear pink. There might be a bit of pink in a floral top I have but I think the only pink thing I own is a winter dress that I barely wear. I also am not prone to wearing pink lipstick or eyeshadow either. I decided to give that a change once I got the new Too Faced Everything Nice Holiday Palette since it has quite a few really beautiful pinky shades that I couldn't resist trying out.


I love how it turned out (especially the slight ombre effect) and I think pink should be something I experiment a lot more with!

To Create This Look:


1. Prime your eyelids {so the product will stay on and keep its pigmentation the entire day}
2. Using a fluffy blending brush, define your crease lightly using 'Dream On'. {we'll come back to this light tan matte shade to really blend out the shadows}
3. Now, with a flat brush, pat 'Paper Roses' across your whole lid. {this is a baby pink shimmer shade, and will look great underneath the rest of the shadows we use}
4. Again, take a fluffy brush and lightly define your crease using 'Dream On'.
5. Taking a flat brush, pat 'Kindness is Free' on the outer to middle part of your lid. {this shade, which is a bit of a darker pink shimmer shade is super pigmented and will look great on the lid}
6. Take a clean eyeshadow brush of your choosing and blend 'Paper Roses' and 'Kindness is Free' together so there is no harsh line. {we want it to look almost as if it's an ombre effect and seamless}
7. After defining your crease once again, take 'Totally Fetch' and place that in the complete outer corner of your eye, working it slightly into the crease. {this is a bright, hot pink shimmer shade and as our final pink shadow, it works great to darken up the crease.
8. Blend everything out once again with both a fluffy blending brush into the crease with 'Dream On' and that same eyeshadow brush we used to blend the first two pink shades together. {again, we want it to look as blended as possible}
9. Line your upper lid lightly. I used a Maybelline gel liner. {or don't line it, it will look great either way. I wanted a really subtle line because this look is all about the pink}
10. Finish off the eyes with lashings of mascara. I'm using Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara because it leaves my lashes looking full and voluminous {the Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal mascara is a great drugstore alternative}
11. To keep your face looking fresh and matching the eye look, use a bright pink blush. I used Too Faced's Sweet Pink which is a super pigmented hot pink shade {be careful with application of hot pink blushes, especially if you've got very light skin. A little goes a LONG way}
12. The last step is to highlight. I used Too Faced's Inner Light which comes in this palette. {pop it on the top of your cheekbones, your cupids bow and down your nose aka all the places the sun will naturally hit your face}

I love the subtle shimmer that 'Inner Light' gives me
I finished everything off using NYX's Butter Gloss in the shade Fortune Cookie which gave me just enough color and worked great with the pink shadows.


♡

What color do you tend to skip when wearing makeup? Try experimenting with it!

xo Emily

6 comments

  1. This colour looks so pretty. Pink is usually my go to colour for eyeshadow as I love the simple pretty look. I do love experimenting with eyeshadow though!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cute! Now I really want to experiment with pink!

    http://arnellavanilla.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eye makeup looks amazing! I've never thought of doing pink shadow. It looks really good on you.

    Julia Kristina
    http://juliakristina.com/blog

    ReplyDelete