Food in Review: July 20th - 27th

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

There's nothing I love more than food. And I'm so lucky to live in New York, where I have access to some of the best dishes out there. For the past week, my best friend Elsa has been visiting. I hadn't seen in her in over 6 months because she had been studying abroad in Spain so we had a blast catching up. 

We also ate a whole lot of food so I thought I'd share what I had. Luckily, Restaurant Week in New York coincided with her visit so we got to go to a lot of yummy places for cheaper. 

1. JoJo

Appetizers: Watermelon Gazpacho and Arugula Salad
Entree: Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Hake with Vegetables
Dessert: Lemon Crepe Cake with Poppyseed Lemon Curd and Valrhona Molten Chocolate Cake (pictured below)

Thoughts: JoJo was delicious but I've decided that I should never eat Gazpacho again. The best part was the dessert!




Three Shack Burgers, Two Orders of Fries, one Chocolate Milkshake

Thoughts: There's not really any other thought I have about Shake Shack other than YUM. This is by far my favorite "fast food" place out there.



 3. Eggshop

The Pepperboy (Soft Scramble, Gruyere, Bell Pepper, Bacon, Onion Aioli) + Emily's Custom Egg Sandwich (Soft Scramble, White Cheddar, Maple Syrup, Bacon)

Thoughts: Another one of my absolute favorites. With affordable prices and hefty portions, this is my go-to breakfast place in New York. Delicious!



Cereal Milk Soft Serve - Made with milk, cornflakes, and brown sugar.

Thoughts: As much as the cereal milk soft serve from Momofuku Milk Bar is talked about, it's not my favorite. I don't think the soft serve should cost as much as it does. Elsa bought a cookie while we were there and loved it so I think I need to try one of those! (Not gonna lie, the instagram was pretty successful)



Thoughts: We stopped for cocktails at Loosie Rouge, a sort of Cali/NOLA vibe of a bar in Williamsburg. The atmosphere is cool and the open doors and windows gave the little space light and warmth. We both got signature cocktails and loved them!



Entrees: Roasted Chicken with Corn Polenta Cake, Summer Squash, and Pesto + Prime New York Strip Steak with Grilled Scallions and Marrow Mashed Potatoes
Dessert: Key Lime Mousse with Graham Cracker Crumble, Raspberries and Rhubarb Sorbet

Thoughts: This is another one of my New York favorites and it again, did not disappoint. My favorite part of the meal had to have been the Key Lime Mousse - I could've eaten about 100 more pounds of it.



Appetizers: Goat Cheese Gnocchi with Carmelized Artichokes, Lemon and Olive Oil + Sauteed Gulf Shrimp and Smoken Bacon with Passion Mustard and Avocado
Entrees: Arctic Char with Crackling Sourdough and Creamed Favas + Crispy Confit of Suckling Pig with Baby Beets and Ginger Vinaigrette
Dessert: Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake
Thoughts: No words. Perfection.



Breakfast: Scones Benedict, Poached Eggs over a Savory Scone topped with Rosemary Hollandaise Sauce and Potato-Chicken Hash + Cheddar Cheese Omelet with Potato-Chicken Hash.
Tea: Red Fruits + Indian Chai

Thoughts: I love Alice's - mostly because I love tea. It's such a lovely, special place. 



9. Eataly

Drinks: Limone Sul Garda Cocktail (Limoncello and Grapefruit Pellegrino with Rosemary) + Rosato di Refosco Rose
Appetizer: Arancini - Fried Rice Balls with Saffron and Grana Padano, topped with Lemon Aioli

Thoughts: Once again, a favorite. Once again, no words.


I hope you enjoyed a little look into what I ate this past week - it's definitely making me hungry again. Sadly, I spent all my money on these wonderful dishes so I'm off to make mac and cheese!

xo Emily


1 comment